Thoughts, inspiration and stories from an Australian foodie in California

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Resolutions

A New Year, new resolutions.....

While I've been excited about food for nearly as long as I can remember, writing about it is something fairly new to me. Previously it has been the likes of my patient husband and anyone else who would listen; that got bombarded by my food rantings. But my resolution for this year is to do more things I'm passionate about. Explore my passions. Spend more time being creative. So I'm combining my passions - food: cooking, eating and exploring it - with my excitement for talking, reading and expressing myself.

For the past two years I've been living in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I wish I had started writing about my food discoveries earlier, as the Bay Area is such an enchanting foodie haven. But alas, I'm about to move to Bakersfield, central California. Perhaps the discovery of food gems is even sweeter when they're hidden away.

Being Australian, I've relished the new food experiences I've unearthed in the US: the joy of the seasons at local farmers markets, good Mexican food, hot fragrant apple cider, succulent pulled pork just to name a few. I've reveled in the challenge of using new ingredients and creating new discoveries in my own kitchen. But I've also savored concocting my favorite Australian delicacies, which were of course no longer available from around the corner.

So join me on my food discoveries - I'll share with you my old favorite and newly discovered gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment